DHL is a courier company that operates around the world and offers convenient shipping services. In the 1970s, it was the only international delivery agency to offer overnight service, nowadays including shipping services to countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba and North Korea. The company operates DHL Aviation and is one of the fastest air-delivery agencies.
DHL can accommodate a variety of needs for domestic and international deliveries, and includes customs services and support plus industry and small business solutions. They offer:
- Express Delivery: with tailored tracking solutions, shipping advice and customs support.
- International Shipping: for small and medium businesses, mediates customs requirements and trade terms.
- Export Services: with Same Day Departure and delivery within the shortest possible time, Time Definite Service for time-critical and time-sensitive packages, plus Day Definite service, anywhere in the world.
- Import Services: available with Same Day Delivery commitment and time definite service with delivery on the next possible day.
- Shipment Insurance: for package protection against loss and physical damage from any external cause.
- Flexible payment and billing options: consumers have access to various payment options, including payment on pickup, import express for consumers who wish to control all inbound shipments through a single account number, electronic billing, plus payment of duties, taxes, and regulatory fees to the shipper.
- DHL Express Breakbulk: door-to-door delivery for consolidated shipments.
- DHL Medical Express: for time and temperature-sensitive packages for the Life Science industry.
- DHL Collect & Return: service solution for after-sales programs within the High Technology industry.